CC 6/4 Front-Piston Tuba "Chicago-York" - TC695 HP
Sorry, this item is currently sold out.
The TC695 “Chicago York” is as near as we can get to a replica of the most famous tuba in the world, the great York 6/4 CC tuba as played by Gene Pokorny in the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. The orchestral tuba which is the sound of the modern symphony orchestral tuba to many people. Much copied in the past, but affordable to most tuba players, the new Wessex TC695 makes this great tuba available at a more reasonable price for professionals, students and amateurs alike - with no compromises to the quality or tone.
- Bore, valves 1-3: 0.75” (19mm)
- Bore 4th valve: 0.79” (20mm)
- Bore 5th valve: 0.87” (22mm)
- Bell: 20” (500mm)
- Height: 36.5” (93cm)
- Weight: 23lb (10.5kg)
- Replica of the famous York tuba as played in the Chicago Symphony
- Entirely handmade with hand hammered bell and larger bows
- New designed leadpipe by Chuck Nickles (ex-US Army Band, Europe) to improve response
- Exceedingly lightweight due to the hand-made manufacturing
- All nickel slides
- Stainless Steel valves which are vented for smooth legato playing
- Wyvern Engraved valve buttons
- Supplied in latched hard case
- Supplied with Wessex CHUCK custom mouthpiece
- Every Tuba individually Quality checked and approved by Chuck Nickles before accepted at factory
“I have played the instrument a very great deal both in the orchestra and with professional colleagues… My impressions of the instrument… are all extremely favourable.
“I don't think in my 40 years as a professional musician that I have played better valves than those of the Wessex instrument, they are fast, clean, tight and very easily maintained. They are just great
“The instruments have a very good and very stable intonation, the sound using the correct mouthpiece is wonderfully warm and the low register is very easy, which is, surprisingly, not always the case with these instruments.
“So... the Wessex Chicago York gets my wholehearted recommendation, and then to factor in the price, it is simply unbeatable!!”