CC 6/4 Front-Piston Tuba "Chicago-Presence" - TC694H
Sorry, this item is currently sold out.
Fully handmade and based on the Classic American 6/4 CC tuba as used in the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the new “Chicago-Presence” is manufactured lightweight with new design leadpipe and 18” bell to provide more presence, improved intonation and the ease of response of a 5/4 tuba.
An orchestral tuba for the 21st Century!
- Bore, valves 1-3: 0.75” (19mm)
- Bore 4th valve: 0.79” (20mm)
- Bore 5th valve: 0.87” (22mm)
- Bell: 18” (450mm)
- Height: 36.5” (93cm)
- Weight: 22lb (10kg)
- Based on design of original York CC as played in Chicago Symphony Orchestra with enhancements by Chuck Nickles, ex-US Army Band Europe
- Entirely handmade with hand hammered bell and larger bows
- New designed leadpipe to improve response
- Exceedingly lightweight due to the hand-made manufacturing
- All nickel slides
- Stainless Steel valves which are vented for smooth legato playing
- Wyvern Engraved valve buttons
- Supplied in latched hard case
- Supplied with Wessex CHUCK custom mouthpiece
Every Tuba individually Quality checked and approved by Chuck Nickles before accepted at factory